Sugar cookie tips
Sugar Cookies are another one of those great gifts that always seem to fit any occasion and they are always wonderful for the holidays. The fanciful cookie cutters that are available allow you to have any shaped cookie you desire and if you are not happy with the shapes available, you can always create your own cookie cutter. I had a client who wanted key cookies and through an online source I found a company that makes cookie cutters from your personal drawings. I always ended up with some cookies browner on the edges than other cookies. I later learned that this can usually mean that the oven is too hot, the dough is rolled out to thin on the edges or that I baked them too long. Here are few tips to help you make your sugar cookies perfect cookies.
Tips for Sugar Cookies:
- Roll the dough evenly
- For crisp sugar cookies roll the dough to a thin thickness
- Bake them on very clean cookie sheets so they don’t absorb the flavor
- Follow the directions carefully
- For softer sugar cookies roll them out to a thicker thickness and bake them for a shorter time period
- Keep them stored in a tightly sealed container if they are without icing to prevent them from becoming soft.
- Ice them the day you want to serve them
- Short on time? Make the dough ahead of time and keep it refrigerated
- Make sure that you have enough cooling racks for the amount of cookies you want to bake.