These turkey meatballs are delicious and very very simple. The simplicity allows them to be mixed with any dish (don’t let the apple sauce discourage you, it’s only to soften the meat and offers only a hint of flavor). You can also make these meatballs ahead cook them through and freeze them to be used later.
- ½ package of ground white meat turkey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- ¼ cup of plain bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoon of oil (to sear the meatball on all sides)
- Add the turkey, applesauce, breadcrumbs, egg and salt to a bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Roll the mixture into 1” balls and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a nonstick pan and heat it to a medium high heat.
- Sear the meatballs on all sides.
- Cook the meatballs for 9 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, bread, tomato sauce, etc.
If you liked this recipe try our beef meatball recipe.