Ravioli with mushrooms
November 8, 2014
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil, once the oil is heated add the onions and sauté until they are caramelized .
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Once the onions are lightly browned add in the mushrooms (you may need to add a little bit more of the olive oil to properly sauté the mushrooms).
- Leave the mushrooms alone in the pan until one side is golden brown. Then stir.
- Next add the garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Sauté everything until the garlic is aromatic.
- Turn the fire to low or off, add the white wine, turn the fire back on or up to low and reduce to au sec (cook it down to almost nothing).
- Next lower the temperature and add the butter and cream.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add the ravioli.
- Plate the ravioli in a bowl and top with mushrooms and garnish with thyme.
- Add truffle oil for added flare.
- Cooking Ravioli
- Add salt to a boiling pot of water.
- Then turn down the heat to a simmer and add the ravioli and cook it to the time designated on the package.
- Once the pasta is cooked let it sit until the mushroom sauce is ready.