Pasta salad will help you get that carbs that you love without the heat (in temperature not flavor) this hot summer. This pasta salad combines similar flavors of a greek salad with the classic penne pasta.
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta
- ½ cup of Persian cucumbers cut into thin half circles
- ¼ cup of sliced black olives (drain liquid)
- ¼ cup Roma tomatoes, large diced
- 1 cup bell peppers (any color-red& green shown in the picture), deseeded & medium diced.
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles (extra for garnish)
- Kosher salt
- Cracked pepper
Salad dressing ingredients
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- In a large bowl combine everything- pasta, cucumber, bell peppers, feta, black olives, tomatoes and dressing together.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper.
- Let the pasta salad sit for 30 minutes and then turn the ingredients in the bowl to fully marinate the salad.
- Then let the salad sit for another 30 minutes.
- Top with more feta cheese.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside until you’re ready to use.
What’s your favorite summer salad?