Meatball subs have become my go to meal for my kids- why you ask? There are a few reasons: my oldest is a very picky eater but he loves a good hot dog bun and the shredded mozarella cheese, next my youngest loves plain meatballs and lastly, my husband and I can’t get enough of the subs as I am
a midwestern girl and love meatloaf (and meatballs are just a smaller version of meatloaf) and my husband is Italian. Voila, a family friendly meal that feeds all of us even if each plate doesn’t look the same. Here is my meatball sub recipe:
- 12 meatballs, click on the link about for the meatball recipe
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 hot dog buns, remember better quality will make the whole thing taste better
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce (optional if you want it to be saucy)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Make the meatballs and add three to a hot dog bun.
- Add Tomato sauce to each sub, but this step is optional-it will make it saucier.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil the hot meatball subs for 2-3 minutes, but DON’T take your eye off of them as they will burn quickly.
- Sprinkle the meatballs subs with dried oregano or dried basil.
- Serve cut in half or whole.
We love your feed back and we want to hear what your favorite family meal is?