Lace oatmeal cranberry and almond cookies
December 3, 2015
As a child I never ate oatmeal cookies and the first time I made them was for a gift to a friend. It was then that I fell in love with the deliciousness of oatmeal cookies.
- 3 packs of instant oatmeal
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1-cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- cup of flour
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ¼ cup whole roasted unsalted almonds
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the butter and the sugar together. You can use your hands to cream it if you don’t have a kitchen aid mixer.
- Next use a spatula or your mixer and add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Once the egg and vanilla is mixed in well add the oatmeal packets, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix everything well.
- Last fold in the cranberries, almonds and white chocolate chips (if you desire).
- Lightly roll the cookies into 2” balls make sure to generously space them out, as they will spread a lot.
- Bake the cookies for 17 minutes.
- Place on a baking rack and let them cool.