Chicken curry salad
My love for chicken curry salad is deep. The savory flavors of curry which is a combination of tumeric, coriander, cinnamon, brown sugar and cardamon. The earthy flavors are sweet and yet savory.
This recipes is delicious if the grilled chicken is warm when you add it in, but it also works if the chicken is room temperature. The salad can also be served as is with out the bread on-top of lettuce and works perfectly for luncheons.
Serves 1 (for more servings just multiply the amount of servings needed by each ingredient)
- 1 ½ tablespoons good mayonnaise (Best Foods)
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup grilled chicken, small cubed (see above for link to HMFG recipe)
- 1-tablespoon celery, small diced
- 1 tablespoon golden or regular raisins, chopped
- 1-tablespoon granny smith apple, small diced plus 3 slices for the sandwich
- 2 spices of white bread
- (1 tablespoon of sliced toasted almonds if desired)
- Kosher salt
- Cracked fresh pepper
- In a small mixing bowl add the mayonnaise, mustard and curry powder and mix well.
- Add in the chicken in small batches; mix the chicken into the curry after each addition.
- Add in the celery, apples, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well and place curry salad in-between white bread and apple slices on top of the curried chicken salad.