Cobblers are wonderful to make for spring and summer parties because berries are much cheaper, more prevalent and they are at their peek of freshness. This recipe requires instant oatmeal only because it seems we all have left over oatmeal lying around, but if you don’t you can always swap instant oatmeal for 3 1/2 cups oats and 1 cup of sugar.
- 3 bags instant maple brown sugar
- ¼ cup raw almonds lightly chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 8 cups frozen berry mixture (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries)
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-½ sticks of butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl combine ¼ of the sugar, the oatmeal packets, flour, almonds and cubed butter.
- Mix the ingredients together until the butter is loosely combined into the dry ingredients.
- Set aside until you are ready to add the topping to the cobbler.
- Rinse your frozen berries in a colander until they are have way thawed.
- Add the semi frozen berries to a baking dish.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and vanilla to the frozen berries and toss everything together.
- Spread the berries to the edge of the baking dish.
- Next cover the top with your crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.
What is your favorite type of cobbler?