Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Los Angeles, Ca, -Beets are delicious any time but they are especially good during the summer months. Especially golden beets, which come into season in the summer. If you’re not a beet lover start with the yellow beet and try this delicious salad.Directions:
Things to know about beets.
- Beets come in a variety of colors; yellow, red, red and white striped, yellow and orange.
- Beets come in a variety of sizes; small, medium, large and baby.
- Avoid beets with long roots, as they can be woody in texture.
- Red beets bleed and can dye anything it touches, including hands, cutting boards and other beets that it touches.
- Protect your hands from beet juice by wearing gloves while you remove the skin.
- Beet skin is easier to remove when the beet is cold.
- Beet skin can be easily removed after it’s cooked through.
- You can use beet juice as a dye and to add a hint of beet flavor to many foods like goat cheese, rice and even fresh pasta.
- Beet greens are delicious in salads.
- Beets can be roasted or braised.
- Beets can help relieve headaches.
- Salt can discolor beets if added during cooking.