Barbq chicken pizza
Sweet, salty and spicy all in one! Is there a better flavor combination? This barb chicken pizza recipe is one of our/my favorites. It’s really a special dish and a change to the mundane weekly menu.
This recipe would also work for children. All you need to do is leave off the shallots, cilantro and basil.
Here a few ways you can make this recipe easier and faster:
- buy rotisserie chicken and
- Buy pre made dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup tomato puree or pizza sauce (the plainer the better)
- ¾ cup cooked chicken breast, shredded (see recipe)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of barbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup of chopped basil
- 1 ball of pizza dough (see recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 495 degrees.
- Roll out your pizza dough to a ½ inch thickness.
- When the oven is hot place the pizza dough on a sprayed cookie sheet and for a better quality crust cook the pizza directly on a pizza stone instead.
- Bake the pizza for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the slightly cooked dough from the oven.
- Use a spoon and add the tomato sauce to the crust and spread it around the dough but leave an inch of the dough with out sauce around the circumference for crust.
- Add the cheese, chicken, barbq sauce and shallots to the pizza.
- Cook the pizza until its brown and bubbly on the edges about 10-12 minutes.
- Top the pizza with the fresh basil and cilantro.
- Cut and serve.
For more recipes like this check out our prosciutto and fig pizza.
Like what you see? Let us know by rating us or leave a comment, What’s your favorite pizza to make at home?