Baked pasta (with black olives)
Los Angeles, Ca, Sometimes there is something so delicious about pasta, tomato sauce, cheese and in my house black olives. Normally black olives are ordered on our pizza but tonight I added them to our pasta. Surprisingly it turned out to be delicious, which is why I am sharing it with you.
- In a saucepot add the pureed tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano, dried basil and water.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the tomato sauce for 25 minutes.
- While the tomato sauce is cooking you can also cook the pasta.
- In a large pot of boiling water add a large chef pinch of salt and add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta for around 12-14 minutes to al dente (or as directed on the package).
- Next strain the pasta and add it back to the pot.
- When the tomato sauce is finished add it to the pasta.
- Next pour the pasta with tomato sauce into a large shallow baking dish and top with cheese and then black olives.
- Bake the pasta for 40 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees.
- Then remove it from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a delicious salad and toasted whole wheat bread.
Before you go…What is your favorite go to pasta dish during the week?